Monday, December 12, 2011

The first set of Miniatures.

Now the fun begins!!! So I got home safe with my wife from Quebec city and headed straight to the couch. This is where I usually lay down, put my feet up on a couch pillow and think about stuff. I wondered to my self if I should paint these figures and sell them my self. I talked to Sandra about it and the first thing she said was. " Sounds good as long as you make money". I started to laugh and thought about how cool it would be to do it for a living. The first step to take was to research about it over the Internet. So off I went browsing and browsing. I found a lot of sites that had metal and plastic figures at all different sizes. Wow!! where do I start. The questions I asked my self were incredible. What size do I want to paint? Plastic or metal? what company do I want to buy my miniatures from? I then came across a web site called Toy soldier Company. The link is on my blog. This site has it all!!! This site breaks every thing down for you so you can find exactly what you are looking for. By company, by size, pre-painted, non painted and type of material. I started looking at the metal figures and noticed that they were quite a bit more expensive then the plastic. I was just starting out and I didn't want to sink a lot of money in to it just yet. So plastic it was. I know I wanted French and British soldiers. This is most likely because I just came back from Quebec. Now I had to decide what maker I wanted to buy from and what size. I cam across a cool British 1776 set for $15.00 from a maker called Accurate. This set the figures come in 54mm. I thought this was cool considering the soldiers I seen back in Quebec were the same size. I now decided that this was the size I wanted to paint. This is what the British soldiers look like.
Now I had to look for some French soldiers. Accurate unfortunately did not make any so I had to look else were. As I was browsing the toy soldier company I came across a French Napoleonic set from a company called Army's in plastic. This set was also 54mm tall. This is what it looks like.

All that was left to do was sit and wait until the arrived at my house. Wow what a long wait. Next post I will show what they looked like after my first attempt to paint Military miniatures. Till then.



No comments:

Post a Comment